Download and install
For browser-like environments: download.
For Rhino: download.
Node (with NPM)
From your command line run the following command (add
-g to install globally on your system):
npm install jshint
Plugins for text editors and IDEs
- jshint.vim, VIM plugin and command line
tool for running JSHint.
- jshint2.vim, modern VIM plugin with
extra features for running JSHint.
supports JSHint both older/newer than 1.1.0.
- jshint-mode, JSHint mode for GNU
- Flycheck, on-the-fly syntax checking
extension for GNU Emacs, built-in JSHint support.
Other cool stuff
- JSHintr is a web tool that allows you to
set your own code standards, easily review a file against these standards, and
share the output with other developers.
- FixMyJS is a tool that automatically fixes
mistakes—such as missing semicolon, multiple definitions, etc.—reported by
- A ruby gem for JSHint.
- Another ruby gem but without Java
- pre-commit checks your code for errors
before you commit it.
- Dedicated Ant task to easily
automate JSHint in Ant Maven.
- QHint - JSHint in QUnit. Check for errors in
your code from within your unit tests. Lint errors result in failed tests.
projects, supports JSHint out of the box.
- overcommit is an extensible Git hook
manager with built-in JSHint linting, distributed as a Ruby gem. Read
- jshint-mojo, a plugin for Maven.
- JSXHint, a wrapper around JSHint to allow
linting of files containing JSX syntax.